Sunday, April 20, 2008

Introducing MEEE!!!

Hello everyone! My name is Link, I'm a PADS puppy-in-training. One day when I get bigger, I will hopefully be a service dog for a person with physical disabilities but right now I'm hanging out with Mike and Melissa, my puppy-raisers. I'm 4 months old right now and love going out everywhere with M&M (hahaha cute nickname huh?! I'm such a smart puppy). I go to work with Mel at PADS, I go to the grocery store, I go to the mall and sometimes if I'm lucky I get to go to the park!!! I ride the bus almost every day and lots of people tell me how handsome and smart I am. I try not to let it get to me, cause I know I'm smart, but I also know there are still lots of things I need to learn. I love working hard every day learning new commands and getting lots of yummy treats when I figure it out!

Instead of telling you all about my neat adventures so far, which would probably take FOREVER, I thought I would show you a few pictures so you can see what I've been up to! The one to the left is my first trip with M&M, we went on a huge floating building that they kept calling a 'fairy'. I thought fairies were little flying people? Anyways, it was fun, I got to go out on the deck and the wind was STRONG. I spent a weekend in Victoria and met some neat dogs and some neat people it was great! Lots of things to sniff and see!









M&M are obsessed with these silly people who run around and hit black things on ice. Its very weird and to be honest, pretty boring. I'd rather roll around on the beach any day! So they took me to watch a game, and I could not believe how many people were there. Does everyone like watching a black thing sail across the ice? I was pretty bored and slept most of the time. I did get to meet a pretty funny looking dog though. He was super nice and gave me pats, but what big teeth he had! Someone should take him to the vet to get that checked out.








I was living with my foster family, the Dong's, for the first little while so M&M could get their act together and find a place they could live with me there too. It was awesome, I got to play with Maisie, another PADS puppy-in-training EVERY DAY! But, I must admit, I'm glad that I got to move, because I get lots more one on one time now AND I get to see Maisie at PADS lots! BOY moving is great! Lots of stuff to get in to and boxes to play with. But its super tiring too. Mike thought it was funny that I was sleeping in the kitchen, but I thought it was funny that they weren't!


There is so much more to tell you, but right now I'm anxious to go out and play. There have been rumors circulating the house all morning that we're going to the park and I am wiggling with anticipation. I can't wait to tell you more about my exciting adventures as a puppy in training!

Woof Woof!

Link

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Link!

Nice new blog you got here. Love the pictures. My puppy raiser Madison really has to get a camera that isn't part of her phone.

I bugged Madison to do more than make a dogbook page for me so she's putting a blog together for me today. Next I have to work on getting that camera.

Anyway, I just stopped in to say "Hi!" I'll see you at PADS on Thursday.